Forodrim is Sindarin for "People of the North".
Members of Note
Costumes & Hierarchy & Heraldry
Forodrim is a unique Tolkien society in that it has a hierarchical feudal membership structure whereby membership duration and involvement provides for a higher level. In addition, Forodrim requires members to appear in medieval / Middle-earth attire at events. Forodrim also has a strong focus on heraldry and ceremony inspired by Tolkien and the Middle ages.
Forodrim has a number of guilds focused on different interests of the members. New guilds are occasionally started, and old ones put on hiatus, as the interests of the members shift. Some of the more enduring guilds are:
- Mellonath Daeron, the guild of languages
- Mellonath Gobennas, the guild of history
- Mellonath Dineth, the guild of dance
- Mellonath Gléowine, the guild of singing
- Parmandili, the book guild
Cerin Erain is the Uppsala chapter of Forodrim.
- Palantiren (now discontinued)