In my humble opinion, I think it's time that we got serious about creating some featured articles, a la Wikipedia. It's nice to feature one article on the main page, but I think we ought to have a seal of approval process for articles that have been worked hard and upgraded relentlessly. I think Wiki's process involves nominations and voting, and none have been yet here. My War of the Last Alliance will be a candidate once it's completed, and I'll be glad to accept suggestions on improving it. --Theoden1 20:27, 9 May 2008 (EDT)
- I agree on the featured articles. The problem is: we don't have enough editors for a vote. The topic comes up on the chat every so often, but floats away because we can't agree. So join the chat (ask Hyarion about it). Your War of the Last Alliance looks good, and when it's done, I'll vote for it. As for suggestions... I'm having trouble with Weapons and Warfare, still. I have seen some other statements from that book which I could not find in Tolkien (e.g. Galadhrim bows are made of Mallorn - preposterous). Cite primary sources, pour it in a story (no bullets) and I'm good. Btw, since you have WaW, do they say something movie-related on Glamdring? Because that seems to be my pet candidate for featured. -- Ederchil 15:08, 10 May 2008 (EDT)
- I've heard about the IRC chat, but haven't tried it. Any instructions on how to get to it and login? Thanks for kind words on the War. Is there a list of Editors anywhere that I can see? About Glamdring, WaW gives some background on it having been Turgon's (King of Gondolin). It was lost after Gondolin's fall, and thousands of years later turned up in a troll hoard, where Gandalf found it. As far the LOTR movies, WaW refers to runes that gave the sword added power so Gandalf could slay the Balrog on Zirak-zigil. Gandalf kept the sword with him throughout the WR. Oh, and I'll eventually try to get rid of the bullets.--Theoden1 19:45, 10 May 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks for the WaW Glamdring. The Runes and power could be interesting. As for the IRC chat, ask Hyarion on his Talk page. I think he wants something of a cabal where we can discuss major changes (quotes, articles), but the number of editos is too small right now.
- A list of editors, I fear other than combining User list and Editcount/TopEditors (both in Special pages) there's nothing. -- Ederchil 05:35, 11 May 2008 (EDT)
I'm sorry, but I'm posting this here because I cannot start threads on this forum. This appears where I used to be able to type the thread name:
What do I do? Thanks. --Breragor • (Talk • Contribs • Edits) 17:03, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- There seems to be a problem with the inputbox extension. -- Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 17:15, 6 June 2010 (UTC)