From Tolkien Gateway
Húrin means "Battle-ready mood" in Sindarin (from hûr, "readiness, vigour, fiery spirit" and ind, "mood"), and can refer to:
- Húrin Thalion (F.A. 441 - c. 500), the last Lord of Dor-lómin and father of Túrin Turambar, hero of the First Age.
- Húrin of Emyn Arnen (fl. T.A. 1634), the first Steward of Gondor whose name is recorded in history.
- House of Húrin, the dynastic house of the Stewards of Gondor, named after Húrin of Emyn Arnen.
- Húrin I (T.A. 2124 - 2244), fifth Ruling Steward of Gondor.
- Húrin II (T.A. 2515 - 2628), fourteenth Ruling Steward of Gondor.
- Húrin the Tall (fl. T.A. 3019), Warden of the Keys of Minas Tirith at the time of the War of the Ring.
|This disambiguation page is a list of articles associated with the same title. This is in accordance with Tolkien Gateway's Naming policy.|
If an internal link referred you to this page, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.