|This article describes a concept which is mentioned in J.R.R. Tolkien's works, but was never given a definite name.|
|Language||Rohanese and Westron|
|Birth||before T.A. 2754 |
|House||House of Eorl|
|Siblings||Haleth and Háma|
Helm's daughter was the unnamed daughter of Helm Hammerhand.
History[edit | edit source]
In T.A. 2754 Freca, a rich and powerful man with wide lands on both side of the river Adorn, who claimed to be descended from King Fréawine yet was said to have much Dunlending blood, was called to a council by Helm. Freca rode to Edoras with a great force of men and asked Helm for the hand of his daughter for his son Wulf. When Helm insulted Freca to have grown fat, Freca in turn insulted Helm to be old and that he could fall on his knees if he refused the staff that Freca had offered with the proposed marriage. After the council Helm took Freca outside, sent everybody away and hit him with his fist so hard that Freca fell down stunned and died soon after that.
Genealogy[edit | edit source]
Portrayal in adaptations[edit | edit source]
2017: Middle-earth: Shadow of War:
- Helm's daughter is featured in this game. She was taken by a warlord who wanted Helm's throne and took his daughter for a lover. Helm was shot at point blank range with arrows. As he lay dying at Edoras, Annatar and Celebrimbor visited the wounded king, giving him one of the Nine Rings of Power. When he recovered, he attacked his would-be assassin, declaring that war had come upon his enemy's house.
However, when Helm's daughter tried to stop her father's rage, Hammerhand accidentally struck her down, killing her (once again, depicted as wielding a war-hammer). Horrified, his grief turned to rage, and Helm proceeded to slaughter his rival and even his own captains who tried to stop him. He was thus transformed by the terrible incident and his Ring of Power into a Nazgûl.
2024: The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim:
- Helm's daughter will be featured in this film by the name Hera. She will be voiced by Gaia Wise in English. As Wulf sought vengeance for his father and forced Helm and his people to make a desperate last stand in the Hornburg, Hera summoned the will to lead the resistance against a deadly enemy intent on their total destruction.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl", "Four years later (2758)", p. 1066
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl", p. 1065
- ↑ "Full Cast & Crew", IMDB (accessed 20 August 2022)