Johan de Meij
From Tolkien Gateway
Johan de Meij is a Dutch conductor, composer, and trombonist well known within the Tolkien community for his "Symphony No. 1", "The Lord of the Rings". In 2018 he premiered his new Tolkien-related symphony "Symphony No. 5", commissioned by The Middle Earth Commissioning Project.
- 1984-1988 Symphony No. 1 "The Lord of the Rings"
- Journey in the Dark
a. The Mines of Moria
b. The Bridge of Khazad-Dûm
- 2018 Symphony No. 5 "Return to Middle-earth"
- Miri na Fëanor (Jewels of Fëanor)
- Tinúviel (Nightingale)
- Ancalagon i-môr (Ancalagon, the Black)
- Arwen Undómiel (Evenstar)
- Dagor Delothrin (The War of Wrath)
- Thuringwethil (Woman of Secret Shadow)