Minas Tirith Evening-Star (Volume 8, Number 2)
|Minas Tirith Evening-Star (Volume 8, Number 2)|
|Editor||Philip and Marci Helms|
|Publisher||Michigan: American Tolkien Society|
Minas Tirith Evening-Star (Volume 8, Number 2) is an issue of the journal Minas Tirith Evening-Star. It includes the article An Interview with J.R.R.T., which is a transcription of an interview with J.R.R. Tolkien by Denys Gueroult.
- Note: This interview could be either the 1964 BBC Interview or the 1965 BBC Interview. The confusion arises from the following four different accounts:
- (1) Pieter Collier has stated that Dennis Gueroult "from the BBC Radio 4 program 'Now Read On' did broadcast the [1964 BBC Interview] for the first time in 1971".
- (2) Jason Fisher quotes from the booklet of The Spoken Word: British Writers: "[The 1965 BBC Interview] was recorded for the BBC Sound Archive and was not transmitted".
- (3) Tolkienbooks.net: An Illustrated Tolkien Bibliography says that the interview in Minas Tirith Evening-Star Vol.8, No.2, is "a transcription of an interview with Tolkien by Denys Gueroult in January 1965. First broadcast in January 1971 as part of the BBC Radio 4 book review programme Now Read On."
- (4) Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull write in The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: Chronology that the recording of the 1965 BBC Interview was "to be placed in the BBC's Recorded Programmes Permanent Library". Concerning the 1964 BBC Interview, they write that it was "intended to be a trial run for an official interview to be placed in the BBC's Sound Archives".
- http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/804-Tolkien_1971_BBC_Interview.php - 1971 BBC radio interview with J.R.R. Tolkien
- http://lingwe.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-bbc-collection-includes-tolkien.html - New BBC collection includes Tolkien recording
- http://www.tolkienbooks.net/php/details.php?reference=61285 - Minas Tirith Evening Star
- Christina Scull and Wayne G. Hammond (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, p. 627
- Christina Scull and Wayne G. Hammond (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, p. 625