Nils Ivar Agøy
From Tolkien Gateway
Nils Ivar Agøy is Professor of Modern History at Telemark College in Bø i Telemark (Norway), and co-founder of the Norwegian Tolkien Society. He translated The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales and The Children of Húrin into Norwegian (Bokmål). He has written many articles on Tolkien and wrote Mytenes mann: J.R.R. Tolkien og hans forfatterskap (2003) and edited the volume Between Faith and Fiction: Tolkien and the Powers of His World (1998). He has also given lectures at numerous Tolkien events in recent decades.
- 1998: Between Faith and Fiction: Tolkien and the Powers of His World (editor)
- 2003: Mytenes mann: J.R.R. Tolkien og hans forfatterskap
- 1983: Mallorn 20
- "Mr. Bliss: The Precursor of a Precursor?"
- 1995: Proceedings of the J.R.R. Tolkien Centenary Conference
- "Quid Hinieldus cum Christo? - New Perspectives on Tolkien's Theological Dilemma and his Sub-Creation Theory"
- 2008: Lembas Extra: Proceedings of the 5th Unquendor Lustrum
- "Things to remember when translating Tolkien"
- 2008: The Ring Goes Ever On: Proceedings of the Tolkien 2005 Conference
- "Why Is Tolkien So Popular?"
- 2013: Tolkien Studies: Volume 10
- "Vague or Vivid?: Descriptions in The Lord of the Rings"