From Tolkien Gateway
parma is a noun meaning "book" in Quenya.
Parma is also the name in Quenya of the second letter of the Tengwar alphabet. It is the second letter of the first grade or Tyellë, which contains "voiceless stops" and it is the first letter in the labial or p-series of consonants, the Parmatéma. In all modes Parma represents P. The Westron name for this letter is Pí.
The word derives from the Primitive Quendian root PAR.
- Quenya Corpus Wordlist edited by Helge Fauskanger.
- Parma Eldalamberon - A journal dedicated to the scholarly study of Tolkien's invented languages.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix E, "Writing", "The Fëanorian Letters", Note, The names of the letters
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix E, "Writing", "The Fëanorian Letters"
- ↑ See Westron Tengwar.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies", PAR-