Second Age 2221
From Tolkien Gateway
Second Age 2221 (abbreviated to S.A. 2221) is the 2221st year of the Sun of the Second Age of Middle-earth.
Notable events in this year include:
- Death of Tar-Atanamir, who is called the "Unwilling" for he was the first King who refused to lay down his life or surrender the Sceptre before death.
- Tar-Ancalimon, son of Tar-Atanamir, takes the Sceptre.
- Rebellion and division of the Númenóreans begins.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The Line of Elros: Kings of Númenor", entry XIII Tar-Atanamir, p. 221
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The Line of Elros: Kings of Númenor", entry XIV Tar-Ancalimon, p. 221
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Second Age"