Star of the Dúnedain
From Tolkien Gateway
The Star of the Dúnedain was a gift that was given by King Elessar to Samwise Gamgee in Fo.A. 15.
It is very probable that the Star of the Dúnedain was the same as the silver brooch that was shaped like a rayed star that was worn on their cloaks on their left shoulder by the Rangers of the North who came to Rohan to aid their Chieftain Aragorn and the silver star that was worn by Aragorn on his cloak when he served Steward Ecthelion II of Gondor.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring", entry for the year S.R. 1436, p. 1097
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Passing of the Grey Company", p. 778
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion", "The Stewards", entry for Steward Ecthelion II, p. 1055
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Ring, "Part Three: Minas Tirith", "IV. Many Roads Lead Eastward (1)", Notes, Note 8, p. 309
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 720