Third Age 1944
From Tolkien Gateway
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Notable events in this year include:
- 9 July: News of the oncoming of the enemy reach Pelargir.
- Disaster of the Morannon
- King Ondoher falls in battle. His sons Artamir and Faramir are also killed.
- 13 July: Minohtar is overwhelmed by Wainriders and slain by an arrow.
- Eärnil defeats the enemy in South Ithilien. He then wins the Battle of the Camp, and drives Wainriders into the Dead Marshes.
- Pelendur briefly rules Gondor.
- Arvedui claims the crown of Gondor.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan", (i) The Northmen and the Wainriders"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"