Third Age 2939
From Tolkien Gateway
Third Age 2939 (abbreviated to T.A. 2939) is the 2939th year of the Sun of the Third Age of Middle-earth. Third Age 2939 was also known as S.R. 1339 in Shire-reckoning.
Notable events in this year include:
- Saruman discovers that Sauron's servants are searching the Anduin near Gladden Fields, and that Sauron therefore has learned of Isildur's end. He is alarmed, but says nothing to the White Council.
- Death of Thain Isumbras Took IV.
- Fortinbras Took II, son of Isumbras, becomes the twenty-ninth Thain of the Shire.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Took of Great Smials"