Tolkien Studies: Volume 18
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 18|
|Editor||David Bratman, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University Press|
Tolkien Studies: Volume 18 is the eighteenth volume of the annual review Tolkien Studies.
- John D. Rateliff: "Richard C. West, 1944–2020"
- Douglas A. Anderson: "Richard C. West, 1944–2020"
- Yvette Kisor: "'The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun': Sexuality, Imagery, and Desire in Tolkien's Works"
- Curtis A. Weyant: "'A translator is not free': J.R.R. Tolkien's Rules for Translation and Their Application in Sir Orfeo"
- Josh B. Long: "Faery, Faith, and Self-Portrayal: An Allegorical Interpretation of Smith of Wootton Major"
- Magne Bergland: "'This gift of freedom': The Gift of Ilúvatar, from Mythological Solution to Theological Problem"
- Douglas C. Kane: "Túrin the Hapless: Tolkien and the Sanctification of Suffering"
- Joshua T. Parks: "Speculative Mythology: Tolkien's Adaptation of Winter and the Devil in Old English Poetry"
- Stentor Danielson: "'To trees all Men are Orcs': The Environmental Ethic of J.R.R. Tolkien's 'The New Shadow'"
- Michael A. Moir Jr.: "'What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!': Gandalf the Wandering Deconstructionist in The Hobbit"
- Dennis Wilson Wise: "Depth, Globalization, and the Domestic Hero: The Postmodern Transformation of Tolkien's Bard in Peter Jackson's Hobbit Films"
- Amber Dunai: "Wið or mid?: A Glimpse into Treebeard's Diachronic Perspective"
- Book Reviews
- Matthew A. Fisher: "The Worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien: The Places That Inspired Middle-earth by John Garth"
- Zachary D. Schmoll: "Tolkien's Modern Reading: Middle-earth Beyond the Middle Ages by Holly Ordway"
- Jay Rimmer: "Utopian and Dystopian Themes in Tolkien's Legendarium by Mark Doyle"
- Alyssa House-Thomas: "Tolkien's Cosmology: Divine Beings and Middle-earth by Sam McBride"
- David Bratman: "Music in Tolkien's Work and Beyond ed. by Julian Eilmann and Friedhelm Schneidewind"
- David Bratman: "J.R.R. Tolkien: A Guide for the Perplexed by Toby Widdicombe"
- "The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies 2018", by David Bratman, Kate Neville, Jennifer Rogers, Robin Anne Reid, Jason Fisher, John Wm Houghton, John Magoun
- "Bibliography (in English) for 2019", by David Bratman
- Tolkien Studies: Volume 18 at Project Muse
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
| Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 · Volume 8 ·|
Volume 9 · Volume 10 · Volume 11 · Volume 12 · Volume 13 · Volume 14 · Volume 15 · Volume 16 ·
Volume 17 · Volume 18 · Volume 19 (Supplement)