From Tolkien Gateway
|"Folco Boffin" by Quinton Hoover|
|Birth||S.R. 1378 |
|Gallery||Images of Folco Boffin|
Folco Boffin (born S.R. 1378) was a Hobbit of the Shire.
History[edit | edit source]
Folco was the son of Vigo Boffin and probably one of the guests at Bilbo's Farewell Party.
He was a friend of Frodo Baggins, and in September T.A. 3018 he stayed in Bag End assisting in Frodo's move to Buckland by packing and loading carts. He stayed to celebrate Frodo's birthday with Merry, Pippin and Fatty Bolger. The next day they loaded the last of the luggage leaving for Crickhollow, and after lunch he left for his home.
Portrayal in adaptations[edit | edit source]
1995-8: Middle-earth Collectible Card Game:
- Folco Boffin is a Scout, playable as a Character.
2002: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (video game):
- Folco lives at Number Seven, Water Road, in Hobbiton.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Boffin of the Yale"
- ↑ Robert Foster, The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, p. 148, entry "Folco Boffin"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Shadow of the Past"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Three is Company"