|"Ghân-buri-Ghân" by April Lee|
|Position||Chieftain of the Drúedain|
|Language||Drúadan language, Westron|
|Gallery||Images of Ghân-buri-Ghân|
He was the son of Ghân with whom he shared his name, and became the chief of his tribe.
During the War of the Ring, Ghân-buri-Ghân helped King Théoden and the Rohirrim to avoid an army of Orcs by taking them through the secret pass of Stonewain Valley. This allowed the Rohirrim to arrive in time to fight the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. In return, Théoden promised that the people of Rohan would no longer trouble the Drúedain and would drive away the Gorgûn (Orcs), that hunted them.
Following the War of the Ring, Aragorn, as High King of the Reunited Kingdom, issued the decree that Drúadan Forest belonged to only Ghân and his people, and that no one else was allowed to enter the forest without their permission.
Portrayal in adaptations
|Ghân-buri-Ghân in adaptations|
2001-2007: The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game:
- Although Ghân-buri-Ghân does not appear in The Lord of the Rings film series, Decipher produced a card for the character. He was portrayed by Wi Kuki Kaa.
- The voice of Ghân-buri-Ghân is provided by Ján Króner.
2016: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Ghân-buri-Ghân has two sons, the younger of whom is Khôr-buri-Ghân and the eldest Bhai-buri-Ghân was recently slain by the orcs, which is what motivates him to assist the outsiders. The player is the first to discover the Woses and after spending some time gaining Ghân-buri-Ghân's trust it is the player who leads him to King Theoden's company.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Ride of the Rohirrim"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Many Partings"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), entry Ghân buri Ghân, p. 99