Letter to G.E. Selby (19 September 1944)
From Tolkien Gateway
- Subject: Tolkien sends personal greetings to Selby. He notes that his daughter Priscilla is typing early chapters of The Lord of the Rings, which he thinks "A & Unwin will take if ever they can find enough paper!".
- Publication: Extracts from the letter appeared in Sotheby's Nineteenth Century and Modern First Editions, Presentation Copies, Autograph Letters and Literary Manuscripts 28-29 July 1977. A summary of the letter was provided by Christina Scull and Wayne G. Hammond in The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: Chronology.
- Letter to G.E. Selby (14 December 1937)
- Letter to G.E. Selby (7 July 1946)
- Letter to G.E. Selby (1955/6)