Timeline of Frodo Baggins
From Tolkien Gateway
2968[edit | edit source]
- 22 September: Birth of Frodo.
2980[edit | edit source]
2989[edit | edit source]
- Frodo is adopted by Bilbo Baggins and moves to Bag End around this time.
3001[edit | edit source]
3004[edit | edit source]
- Gandalf visits Frodo in the Shire several times over the next four years.
3008[edit | edit source]
- Gandalf visits Frodo for the last time for many years.
3018[edit | edit source]
- 12 April: Gandalf arrives at Bag End.
- 13 April: Frodo learns he has the One Ring and decides to leave the Shire.
- 22 September: Frodo turns 50.
- 23 September: Frodo leaves Bag End.
- 24 September: Frodo is nearly caught twice by one of the Nazgul and meets Gildor in the Woody End.
- 25 September: Frodo learns of his friends' intention to accompany him.
- 26 September: Frodo and his companions travel through the Old Forest and come to the House of Tom Bombadil.
- 28 September: The Hobbits are trapped by a Barrow-wight. Frodo resists putting on the Ring.
- 29 September: Frodo meets Aragorn in Bree.
- 6 October: Frodo is wounded by the Witch-king at Weathertop.
- 20 October: Frodo crosses the Ford of Bruinen pursued by the Nazgul.
- 23 October: Elrond removes the sliver of the Morgul-blade from Frodo's body.
- 24 October: Frodo wakes in Rivendell.
- 25 October: At the Council of Elrond, Frodo volunteers to take the Ring to Mordor.
- 25 December: Frodo and the Fellowship leave Rivendell.
3019[edit | edit source]
- 13 January: The Fellowship enters Moria.
- 15 January: Gandalf battles the Balrog and falls into shadow. The Fellowship enters Lothlórien.
- 17 January: Frodo meets Galadriel.
- 14 February: Frodo looks into the Mirror of Galadriel.
- 16 February: Frodo and the Fellowship leave Lothlórien.
- 26 February: At Amon Hen, Boromir tries to take the Ring. Frodo decides to go to Mordor alone but is followed by Sam.
- 29 February: Frodo meets Gollum and spares his life.
- 1 March-2 March: Gollum leads the Hobbits through the Dead Marshes.
- 5 March: The Hobbits reach the Black Gate and realize it's impassable. Frodo agrees to follow Gollum to a secret way into Mordor.
- 7 March: Frodo meets Faramir, brother of Boromir.
- 8 March: Frodo asks Faramir to spare Gollum's life at the Forbidden Pool. The Hobbits part company with Faramir in the morning.
- 9 March: The Hobbits reach the Morgul-road at dusk.
- 10 March: The Hobbits reach the Cross-roads and continue to the Morgul Vale. Frodo sees the Witch-king leading an army from Minas Morgul and resists putting on the Ring.
- 12 March: Gollum leads Frodo and Sam into Shelob's Lair.
- 13 March: Frodo is wounded by Shelob and is taken prisoner by Orcs to the Tower of Cirith Ungol.
- 14 March: Sam finds Frodo in the Tower of Cirith Ungol.
- 15 March: Frodo and Sam escape from the Tower.
- 16 March: Frodo and Sam look toward Mount Doom from the Morgai.
- 18 March: Frodo and Sam are forced to join a company of Orcs marching toward Udun.
- 19 March: Frodo and Sam escape from the Orcs and continue on.
- 22 March: Frodo and Sam leave the road and turn south toward Mount Doom.
- 23 March: The Hobbits cast away their gear.
- 24 March: The Hobbits reach the foot of Mount Doom.
- 25 March: Frodo reaches the Cracks of Doom and claims the Ring for himself. Gollum bites off Frodo's finger and falls into the fiery chasm. The Ring is destroyed.
- 6 April: Frodo and Sam are honored at the Field of Cormallen.
- 1 May: Frodo carries the crown at Aragorn's coronation.
- 15 July: Arwen tells Frodo that he may pass into the West in her stead.
- 6 October: Frodo feels pain in his shoulder on the anniversary of his confrontation with the Witch-king.
- 30 October: The Hobbits arrive at the Brandywine Bridge.
- 3 November: The Battle of Bywater. Frodo says that Saruman's life should be spared, but the Wizard is killed by Grima.
- 4 November: Frodo agrees to be Deputy Mayor.
3020[edit | edit source]
- 13 March: Frodo is ill on the anniversary of his encounter with Shelob.
- 1 May: Sam marries Rosie Cotton and moves into Bag End.
- Mid-year's Day: Frodo resigns as Deputy Mayor.
- 6 October: Frodo is ill again.
3021[edit | edit source]
- 13 March: Frodo is ill again.