Welcome to Tolkien Gateway, the J.R.R. Tolkien encyclopedia! If you have an account, please remember to log in. If you don't have an account, remember you don't have to log in to read or edit articles on Tolkien Gateway, but creating an account is quick, free and non-intrusive, requires no personal information, and gives you many benefits, including:
- The use of a username of your choice
- Your own user page
- Your own talk page which, if you choose, also allows users to send you messages without knowing your e-mail address
- The ability to view all your contributions via a "My contributions" link
- The use of your own personal watchlist to which you can add articles that interest you
- The ability to rename pages
- The ability to upload images
- The ability to customize the appearance and behaviour of the website
- The right to be attend Tolkien Gateway meetings.
- Your IP address will no longer be visible to other users.
I cleaned up the majority, and reverted a number. Not because they were wrong, but because they were so poorly written rewriting it would add nothing but a simple sentence. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 18:14, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
- This is still my main point. Your edits require a lot of cleanup to be passable. Please read up on basic English. It does not use << >> for quotes, and doesn't start every sentence with "It is here". --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 10:00, 4 January 2017 (UTC)
Tolkien Gateway and The Hobbit film
I would like to say something about the relationship of this wiki (Tolkien Gateway) with The Hobbit film Trilogy. I have noticed that in whatever has to do with The Hobbit film Trilogy, Tolkien Gateway is so poor.Especially in comparison with The Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy. I mean there are not so many images uploaded here about places and creatures that were depicted in The Hobbit film Trilogy in comparison with The Lord of the Rings , such us wereworms, Carrock, Mirkwood, Rhosgobel, Elvenking's Halls, Lake-Town, Gundabad, Ravenhill,High Pass etc.For example, there is no image with the wereworms as they appeard in The Hobbit film Trilogy.Neither a concept art image from The Hobbit film Trilogy about these creatures or even a fan-made image based on this film.Why? There is no image, Official or unofficial about Carrock as it was depicted in The Hobbit film Trilogy.It is not said so much things about places that were depicted in The Hobbit film Trilogy but not in The Lord of the Rings, as opposed to places that were depicted in The Lord of the Rings, even only in The Lord of the Rings.For example on Minas Tirith page it is said much things about how Peter Jackson and the producers of The Lord of the Rings staged/set up this place for The Lord of the Rings, as opposed to the Hobbit, where only for Mirkwood it said about how it was staged/set up and not so much things about it in comparison to the places that appeared in The Lord of the Rings.For some places such us,the Forest Gate, The Hobbit film trilogy is not even said at all.You could keep this informaton about Lake-Town (how it was set up for The Hobbit film trilogy). This has to be corrected generally.Is it understood what I am saying?
eisai elhnas re? dwse to e-mail sou na syzhthsoume. Sage 13:22, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
I just wanted to message you about talk pages; you are leaving a lot of messages in the wrong places and I suspect this is frustrating you as much as making us inefficient. Just so you are aware:
- User talk - this is for messages between users about their overall projects, behaviour, content, or seeking advise. It is not for personal requests (unless you know a user has a particular interest in that area - e.g. me and templates, User:Morgan and Swedish translations).
- Talk - this is for discussion on an individual article. If you would like to an image uploaded to an article, for example, please include it on that article's talk page. Similarly, if you have an issue with the content of an article that also goes on that article's talk page. You'll notice, for instance, that me, User:Ederchil, User:KingAragorn, User:Morgan and User:Sage very seldom message each other on our talk pages, but via article talk pages instead.
This article on Wikipedia is very helpful,
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it. We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify them. Such an IP address can be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.