William M. Fliss
William M. Fliss is the Tolkien archivist at Marquette University's Raynor Library.
History[edit | edit source]
In 2022, Fliss co-curated the exhibition J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of the Manuscript with Sarah C. Schaefer, and co-edited the accompannying exhibition cataloge. He is currently working on an "oral history of Tolkien fandom" project, expecting to complete 6000 short interviews with Tolkien fans from around the world (one for each of the Riders of Rohan summoned by Théoden to aid Gondor).
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Books[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 2017: Mythlore 131
- "Things That Were, and Things That Are, and Things That Yet May Be: The J.R.R. Tolkien Manuscript Collection at Marquette University"
- 2020: Mythlore 136
- "In Memoriam: Marquette Memories of Christopher Tolkien"
- 2022: J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of the Manuscript
- "A Journey down the Great River of Wilderland: Mapping the Manuscripts for The Lord of the Rings"
- 2022: Tolkien Studies: Volume 19 Supplement
External Links[edit | edit source]
Interviews[edit | edit source]
- Reddit AMA
- Episode 16 of The Tolkien Experience Podcast
- Interview de William Fliss on Association Tolkiendil's YouTube channel
- The J.R.R. Tolkien Fandom Oral History Collection on Marquette.edu (accessed 19 June 2023)