|Location||the Misty Mountains or Ettenmoors|
|Events||Battle of Greenfields|
Mount Gram was a mountain of unspecified location in Middle-earth.
The location of Mount Gram has never been established and the mountain could have been anywhere within the northern Eriador region.
It is generally assumed that it was one of the Misty Mountains: The Tale of Years mentions that in T.A. 2740 "Orcs renew their invasions of Eriador", obviously referring to those of the Misty Mountains, referred in the immediate previous entries. "The goblins of Mount Gram" who invaded the Shire in 2747 obviously were a subsequent wave of them.
Other Versions of the Legendarium
Etymology and inspiration
There is a Mount Gram in Albania.
Portrayal in Adaptations
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "An Unexpected Party"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ Robert Foster, The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, page 273
- ↑ Karen Wynn Fonstad, The Atlas of Middle-earth, pages 75, 80
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, John D. Rateliff (ed.), The History of The Hobbit, Mr. Baggins, The First Phase, "The Pryftan Fragment", p. 8
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Chapter 1: Fornost, Citadel tower