(Redirected from September 26)
Events that occurred on 26 September.
 On Earth
- 1902 - Academic Clyde S. Kilby is born.
- 1947 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Jennifer Brookes-Smith.
- 1947 - Voice actor Graham Faulkner is born.
- 1980 - Oxonmoot 1980 at The Turf Tavern.
- 1981 - Oxonmoot 1981 at The Turf Tavern.
- 1982 - Oxonmoot 1982 at the Cotswold Lodge Hotel.
- 1987 - Oxonmoot 1987 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1998 - Oxonmoot 1998 at Exeter College.
- 1999 - Oxonmoot 1999 at Exeter College.
- 2002 - Ida Gordon dies.
- 2002 - The Xbox version of The Fellowship of the Ring are released in North America.
- 2006 - Fantasy novel Here, There Be Dragons, featuring J.R.R. Tolkien as a fictional character, is published.
- 2008 - Oxonmoot 2008 at Christ Church.
- 2009 - Oxonmoot 2009 at Lady Margaret Hall.
- 2010 - Oxonmoot 2010 at Lady Margaret Hall.
- 2010 - Lasse Lanta Autumn Meeting of Austrian Tolkien Society.
- 2010 - Decentennial Celebration and Hobbit Birthdays, North East Tolkien Society.
- 2012 - Tolkien's World: A guide to the peoples and places of Middle-earth by Gareth Hanrahan and Peter McKinstry was published.
 In Arda
- T.A. 3018:
- The Hobbits leave Fredegar Bolger back in Crickhollow to impersonate Frodo. They enter the Old Forest.
- They encounter Old Man Willow and are rescued by Tom Bombadil who hosts them to his house. Frodo dreams about Gandalf.
- Two Nazgûl come to Bree from the South road.
- Gandalf hurries towards The Shire on Shadowfax.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.