(Redirected from September 30)
Events that occurred on 30 September.
 On Earth
- 1923 - Musician Donald Swann is born.
- 1944 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 82.
- 1946 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 106.
- 1947 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a a letter to Rosemary.
- 1955 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 170.
- 1963 - Music producer Carvin Knowles is born.
- 1964 - Actor Bernard Rebel dies.
- 1979 - Oxonmoot 1979 at the Eastgate Hotel.
- 1997 - The album An Evening in Rivendell is released.
- 2000 - J.R.R. Tolkien and His Literary Resonances is published.
- 2010 - Jubilee for Mithlond, the Gothenburg Tolkien Society of Sweden.
- 2014 - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is released.
 In Arda
- T.A. 3018:
- Crickhollow is raided by three Black Riders in the early hours and Fatty Bolger alerts the village. The Black Riders run away.
- The Inn at Bree is simultaneously raided but the Black Riders find only pillows in the Hobbits' beds. The ponies are lost.
- Frodo and his companions buy Bill the Pony from Bill Ferny and leave Bree together with Strider.
- Gandalf comes to Crickhollow and sees Frodo's cloak outside. Losing hope, he reaches Bree at night. He meets Barliman Butterbur who apologises and tells him the Hobbits left with Strider.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.