Tree of Tales
|Tree of Tales:|
Tolkien, Literature and Theology
|Editor||Trevor Hart and Ivan Khovacs|
|Publisher||Baylor University Press|
|Released||26 June 2007|
Tree of Tales: Tolkien, Literature and Theology is a 2007 collection of essays.
From the publisher
'Tree of Tales: Tolkien, Literature and Theology' examines the theological relationship between creation and creativity in the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. It provides a fresh reading of these important themes in Tolkien and highlights the multi-faceted nature of Tolkien's own vivid theology and literary imagination. The book features articles by Colin Duriez, David L. Jeffrey, Ralph Wood, Trevor Hart, and others.
- Rachel Hart: "Tolkien, St. Andrews, and Dragons"
- Colin Duriez: "The Fairy Story: J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis"
- Kirstin Jeffrey Johnson: "Tolkien's Mythopoesis"
- Trevor Hart: "Tolkien, Creation, and Creativity"
- David Lyle Jeffrey: "Tolkien and the Future of Literary Studies"
- Loren Wilkinson: "Tolkien and the Surrendering of Power"
- Ralph C. Wood: "Tolkien's Augustinian Understanding of Good and Evil: Why The Lord of the Rings Is Not Manichean"