(Redirected from April 12)
Events that occurred on 12 April.
 On Earth
- 1956 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to a Mr. Earle.
- 1958 - Voice actor Tony Oliver is born.
- 1962 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 237.
- 1966 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Mother Mary Anthony.
- 1966 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to James Ridolfo.
- 1981 - The sixth episode of the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
 In Arda
- T.A. 2510:
- T.A. 3018:
- Samwise Gamgee and Ted Sandyman are in The Green Dragon and gossip about the strange news.
- At the evening, the weather was cleaning after a rain. Samwise returns to Hobbiton, at the same time Gandalf arrives after a nine-years absence.
- Gandalf warns Frodo that his ring is dangerous, mentions to him Sauron, but says no more until the morning.