Great Hall of Osgiliath
|Description||First royal hall of Gondor|
The Great Hall of Osgiliath was the joint throne room of Isildur and Anárion in the city of Osgiliath. Although the two brothers kept separate houses in Minas Ithil (Isildur) and Minas Anor (Anárion), their thrones were set side by side in the Great Hall.
Presumably after the deaths of both brothers the early Kings of Gondor used the Great Hall as their throne room. However, subsequent to the Great Plague of T.A. 1636 Osgiliath became largely deserted, and in 1640 King Tarondor removed the King's House permanently to Minas Anor.