Dr. theol. Thomas Fornet-Ponse is a research assistant at the seminar of Fundamental Theology at the University of Bonn. Among his research interests are philosophical and theological analyses of J.R.R. Tolkien and other authors of fantasy works. He is a committee member of the German Tolkien Society and is editor of the journal Hither Shore.
 Bibliography, selected
- 2004: Hither Shore 1
- "'The Lord of the Rings if of course a fundamentally religious and Catholic work': Tolkien zwischen christlicher Instrumentaliserung und theologischer Rezeption"
- 2006: Tolkien and Modernity 1
- "Freedom and Providence as Anti-Modern Elements?"
- 2008: Hither Shore 4
- "Tolkiens sub-creation – Die kleinen Werke als fairy-stories?"
- "The Children of Húrin: Its Use for Tolkien Scholarship"
- 2008: The Ring Goes Ever On: Proceedings of the Tolkien 2005 Conference
- ""Different concepts of evil in The Lord of the Rings?"
- 2008: Tolkien's Shorter Works
- "Theology and Fairy-Stories: A Theological Reading of Tolkien's Shorter Works?"
- 2010: Tolkien Studies: Volume 7
- "'Strange and free' — On Some Aspects of the Nature of Elves and Men"
- 2011: Tolkien aujourd'hui
- "Intertextuality in Tolkien and the (un)informed reader: The Lord of the Rings & The Silmarillion"
- 2013: Hither Shore 9
- "Über die (Un-)Möglichkeit, literarischen Einfluss nachzuweisen"