Tolkien Gateway talk:Chat
Consider linking via telnet to Mush.elendor.net port 1893 It is the oldest and largest 3rd age middle earth text based RPG based on the professors works. —Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs).
- Thank you for your suggestion, however this article is for Tolkien chatrooms. ELendor is a text-based game which we already have an article for at Elendor. --Hyarion 14:15, 10 August 2007 (EDT)
I'm trying to connect to the IRC with the client Bersirc, and get "Connection failed" - does it work with any other IRC client? --Morgan 16:17, 28 June 2011 (UTC)
- It has been down since yesterday. Me and Hyarion are in #TolkienGateway on irc://irc.freenode.net. Mibbit is blocked by freenode, but click here to use their web based IRC client. -- 16:26, 28 June 2011 (UTC)
 TG IRC not connecting
Does anyone else have problems connecting to IRC? --20:56, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. On Mibbit I got "Could not connect" and on ChatZilla I got "Connection refused". --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 12:31, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
- Can't connect through Bersirc.--Morgan 17:18, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
- Hmmm... -- 20:44, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
- Doesn't work for me at Mibbit (like Mith pointed out earlier aswell). --Amroth 14:45, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- I've sent Hyarion an email. -- 15:46, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- Fixed. -- 18:50, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- Works for me too. --Amroth 19:28, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
 Turning to other platforms?
The Tolkien Gateway IRC chat seems rather desolate and hard to join (I can't connect today), and there seems be ages since a meeting is held (no records of meetings in said page). Would it be wise to stick to this older platform, or should we switch to a newer platform other than IRC, like Discord or others?
--Quilda 07:40, 27 May 2019 (UTC)