From Tolkien Gateway
2 Yule was the first day in the Shire Calendar, marking the beginning of the year.[note 1] Due to the Shire-reform the Yuledays always fell on the same days of the week. 2 Yule was always a Sterday (Saturday).
Events on 2 Yule:
- T.A. 3019:
- The Fellowship of the Ring travels south along the Misty Mountains.
- First quarter of the Moon
- ↑ On a Gregorian calendar, it would approximately correspond to 22 December.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix D, "The Shire Calendar"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix D, "The Calendars"
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. xlix