Amy H. Sturgis
|Amy H. Sturgis|
|Education||Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University|
|Occupation||Author, teacher, editor|
Amy H. Sturgis is an author, professor, and scholar specializing in science fiction, fantasy, gothic, and Native American studies. She has taught at Belmont University, Lenoir-Rhyne University, and Signum University, including courses about the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Bibliography (selected)[edit | edit source]
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 2003: Parma Nölé 8
- "An Interview with Glass Hammer"
- 2004: Parma Nölé 9
- "Looking There and Back Again: The Gathering of the Fellowship"
- 2004: Tolkien on Film: Essays on Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings
- "Make Mine 'Movieverse': How the Tolkien Fan Fiction Community Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Peter Jackson"
- 2006: Mythlore 93/94
- "Reimagining Rose: Portrayals of Tolkien's Rosie Cotton in Twenty-First Century Fan Fiction"
- 2006: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment
- "Fan Fiction"
- "Lord of the Rings, The"
- "Shaping of Middle-earth"
- 2008 Women in Science Fiction and Fantasy: An Encyclopedia
- "J.R.R. Tolkien"
- 2009: Hog's Head Conversations: Essays on Harry Potter
- "When Harry Met Faërie: Rowling's Hogwarts, Tolkien’s Fairy-Stories, and the Question of Readership"
- 2010: Middle-earth Minstrel
- "'Tolkien is the Wind and the Way': The Educational Value of Tolkien-Inspired World Music"
Awards[edit | edit source]