From Tolkien Gateway
ea is a Quenya verb meaning "to exist".
The word is said to be spoken by Eru creating and giving name to the universe, named after this utterance, Eä.
It is not known if the word comes from Him, or if it is mentioned symbolically.
- ea "let it be" (imperative), spoken by Eru to create the universe.
- euva "will be" (future)
- enge "existed" (past)
- éye/engie "had been" (perfect)
- eala "being" (present participle)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Ainulindalë: The Music of the Ainur"
- ↑ Vinyar Tengwar, Number 49, June 2007, p. 29
- ↑ Vinyar Tengwar, Number 43, January 2002