From Tolkien Gateway
This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
|Nicole Evangeline Lilly|
|Lifetime||3 August 1979|
|The Hobbit (film series)|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "It would be my pleasure. Because of course, that is the greatest source of my anxiety on this film, is that I'm going to be lynched. I was a die-hard fan of these books before the films ever came out. And when I say die-hard, I wasn't the person who could speak Elvish, but I really loved them. And I wasn't actually going to see the original films, because I didn't think it was possible that a film could represent the books appropriately. So I was protesting, and I wasn't going to see them. And then my family all took a jaunt together, the entire family, to see the movies, and were like, "What, you're just going to stay home?" So I saw the movies and was thoroughly impressed that Peter Jackson managed to make my vision of the book come to life, as well as my sister's and my father's, and my aunt's and my uncle's, everyone's. It seemed to somehow pan across everyone's vision, even though we all knew we had to have had different visions of the books."
- ― Evangeline Lilly, Collider
- "I think Tolkien definitely inspires me as a writer, and inspired me towards writing because good story impacts your life. I think somewhere deep down inside, one of the great motivations to write is to have an impact, to say something. And then recently I’ve been doing a lot more studying writing. Much like acting, I’m not formally trained, I’m not formally trained in writing and I think writing is a little bit more of a structured-specific craft. I’ve been doing my homework. I’ve been studying. As I’ve been studying and learning about story structure learning more about what it takes to develop a story that will have an impact, that will resonate with an audience, the more it starts to impact my choices as an actress. I find myself right now, when I look at different roles and potential things for the future, where before I would read a script and instinctively I knew if I wanted to do the job. If that story was resonating and it might feel impactful or say something to the world. Now I am able to make a more cerebral choice. In my mind I can actually break it down and say what’s missing is X, Y and Z. If only they had added these six elements then the script would have come to a place where I would be willing to do it. I think something we all know by gut instinct because we’ve been telling stories since the beginning of time. We all instinctively know what works and what doesn’t, I’m starting to now intellectually understand that.!"
- ― Evangeline Lilly, DarkHorizons.com
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Peter Jackson, "The Hobbit Casting Update" dated 19 June 2011, Facebook (accessed 22 December 2011)
- Charmaine Patterson, "Dominic Monaghan Says He 'Only Got My Heart Broken Once' as He Opens Up About Evangeline Lilly Split" dated 31 August 2022, People (accessed 1 January 2023)
- Giada Iuliano, "Showbiz È finita tra Evangeline Lilly e Dominic Monaghan?" dated 28 October 2009, elle (accessed 1 January 2023)