From Tolkien Gateway
Gary Russell (September 18, 1963) is a freelance writer and former child actor (of "Famous Five" fame), who has worked as a writer for franchises as Marvel and Dr. Who. He wrote several books relating to Peter Jackson's movies.
- "To me, it starts with the conceptual art, the earliest sketches and drawings done back in 1996/7. Then it goes on through the Weta stuff, with paintings, maquettes and everything right up to the commencement of filming - and beyond. I deliberately wanted to avoid focussing on the actual finished film itself as Brian Sibley's book covered that so well."
- ― Gary Russell, TheOneRing.net chat.
- 2002: The Art of The Fellowship of the Ring
- 2003: The Art of The Two Towers
- 2003: Creating Gollum
- 2004: The Art of The Return of the King
- 2004: The Art of The Lord of the Rings
- 2004: Gollum: How We Made Movie Magic, by Andy Serkis. Russell provided interviews.
- 2007: The Lord of the Rings: The Official Stage Companion