From Tolkien Gateway
(Redirected from Lúme)
Forms[edit | edit source]
Examples[edit | edit source]
- Elen síla lúmenn(a) omentielvo = "a star shines on the hour of our meeting"
- Onnalúmë = "Time of the Children"
- sí ar lúmessë ya firuvammë = "now and at the hour of our death"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p. 13
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "'Words of Joy': Five Catholic Prayers in Quenya — Part One" (edited by Patrick H. Wynne, Arden R. Smith, and Carl F. Hostetter), in Vinyar Tengwar, Number 43, January 2002, p. 34