Letter to Mr Walker
- Contents: In the letter Tolkien briefly discusses a tape made by Mr. Walker.
- Description: Typed letter, signed. Size: 5.5" x 7".
- Publication: Not published.
Dear Mr. Walker,
I did receive the tape that you sent to me on the 13th July, not the 3rd July, 1965. I regret not having acknowledged receipt, but it arrived just as I was becoming heavily involved in the business of combating 'piracy' in the United States, which occupied me most of the remainder of last year. I am afraid it has been wasted on me because I have not now got a recorder and am far too busy to deal with any such matters. If you think of going further with your settings, either making public use of your tapes or considering publication of the music, please consult Messrs. Allen & Unwin, 40 Museum Street, W.C.1. I return your tape herewith with regrets that I am not able to make any proper return for your interest in my work.
- "J.R.R. TOLKIEN - Letter And Signature (item number 201041205537)", eBay.co.uk (accessed 23 February 2014)
- "Signed letter (Dear Mr Walker)", Tolkien Collector's Guide (accessed 23 February 2014)