Middle-earth Quest (MEQ) was a series of solo adventure paperback books (similar to the Tolkien Quest) based on the QuestGame System, published by Iron Crown Enterprises. According to Terry Amthor, the books in the Middle-earth Quest series were scrutinized more closely than the supplements to MERP, involving Rayner Unwin and a "Tolkien scholar at Oxford".
Two more sequel books were promised to be available (Search for the Palantír and Race from Rivendell), but never reached publication.
From the publisher
COME TO MIDDLE-EARTH!
The world of brave and cruel Men, Hobbits and Elves, Dragons and Dwarves, Orcs and Trolls, and Wizards both good and evil lives on in this series of Middle-earth Quest gamebooks. You too can now become entwined in the world's richest tapestry of high fantasy.
- Aventuras en la Tierra Media (Spanish)
- Aventuras na terra-media (Portuguese)
- Äventyr i Midgård (Swedish)
- Mittelerde-Questbucher (German)
- La terra di mezzo (Italian)
- ミドルアースクエスト (Japanese)
- Terry Kevin Amthor Bibliography (external link), as of May 9, 2010