Middle-earth Role Playing: The Role Playing Game of J.R.R. Tolkien's World
|Middle-earth: The Role Playing Game of J.R.R. Tolkien's World|
|Author||S. Coleman Charlton|
|Publisher||Iron Crown Enterprises|
|ICE stock no.||8000|
Middle-earth: The Role Playing Game of J.R.R. Tolkien's World is a system module for Middle-earth Role Playing, 1st Edition. The module could also be bought as a part of Middle-earth Role Playing (boxed set).
- Cover art: Angus McBride
- Cover Price: $10.00
Cover/Jacket Text[edit | edit source]
THE ROLE PLAYING GAME OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN'S WORLD
Based on THE HOBBIT and THE LORD OF THE RINGS. Perfect for seasoned players as well as those who have never experienced the thrill of fantasy role playing.
Role playing is a type of game which allows you to assume the role of a character in a "living" novel. MIDDLE-EARTH ROLE PLAYING, M.E.R.P. for short, provides the structure and framework for role playing in the greatest fantasy setting of all time... J.R.R. TOLKIEN'S MIDDLE-EARTH.
MERP contains all the components required to play a fantasy role playing game:
- CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM - covering Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Trolls, etc.
- MAGIC SYSTEM - simple yet comprehensive rules for spells.
- COMBAT SYSTEM - realistic and flavorful, fast and playable.
- GAMEMASTER GUIDELINES - material covering travel, encounters, weather, random events, healing, poisons, and magic items.
- CREATURES AND RACES - a detailed appendix covering the major beasts, monsters, and peoples.
- SAMPLE ADVENTURE - a starting adventure set in the Trollshaws, complete with layouts.
MERP can be used with a variety of game aids including:
- A CAMPAIGN AND ADVENTURE GUIDEBOOK FOR MIDDLE-EARTH;
- The MIDDLE-EARTH POSTER MAP;
- The MERP COMBAT SCREEN;
- Ready-to-Run Modules containing easy to play adventures.
- Adventure Modules covering specific towns and locales.
- Campaign Modules detailing large regions; and
- ROLEMASTER, ICE's advanced role playing game system.