From Tolkien Gateway
(Redirected from Morë)
It is seen as mori- in compounds (see etymology below).
- Morifinwë/Moryo = "Dark Finwë"
- Moriquendi/Moripendi = "Dark Elves"
- morimaitë = "black-handed"
- Moringotto = "Black Foe"
- Morion = "the dark one"
- morna = "dark, black"
- mornië = "darkness"
- J.R.R. Tolkien; Humphrey Carpenter, Christopher Tolkien (eds.), The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter 297, (dated August 1967)
- Helge Fauskanger's Telerin article at Ardalambion: "The independent form of mori- was probably *more, as in Quenya (since final short -i became -e at the Common Eldarin stage), but no Telerin form as such is mentioned in the entry MOR in the Etymologies (LR:373)"
- Helge Fauskanger's Common Eldarin analysis in Ardalambion