From Tolkien Gateway
|Born||29 April 1946|
|Died||4 January 2005|
He died of heart failure at the age of 58, a day after the anniversary of Tolkien's birth. He is buried in Wolvercote Cemetery.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Books[edit | edit source]
- 1971: Music Drama in Schools
- 1977: J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography
- 1978: The Inklings
- 1980: The Lord of the Rings Souvenir booklet commemorating twenty five years of its publication
- 1981: The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien
- 1984: The Oxford Companion to Children's Literature
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 1977: Sunday Telegraph Magazine (11/9/1977)
- 1977: Mallorn 10
- “Table Talk: A Transcript of the After-dinner Speeches at the 1976 Annual General Meeting of the Tolkien Society,”,p. 34-43.
- 1980: Minas Tirith Evening-Star 9, no. 2 (January 1980), pp.16-17
- 1988: Amon Hen 91
- “‘Tolkien Reconsidered’: A Talk by Humphrey Carpenter Given at the Cheltenham Literary Festival,”
- 2001: The Sunday Times Magazine, 25 November
- “Our Brief Encounter,”
- 2003: Christian History, Issue 78
- "The 'idol' speaks"