From Tolkien Gateway
- 10 - John Tolkien becomes a priest.
- 21 - Anthony Daniels, who would play Legolas in The Lord of the Rings (1978 film), is born.
- 14 - The review "Research v. Literature" by J.R.R. Tolkien is published.
- 29 - Humphrey Carpenter, Tolkien's biographer, is born.
- 1 - Nellie Bellflower, who would play Éowyn in The Return of the King (1980 film), is born in Phoenix, Arizona.
- 7 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a postcard to G.E. Selby.
- 21 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 105.
- 23 - Philologist G.H. Cowling dies.
1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949