From Tolkien Gateway
Events that occurred on 10 February.
- 1922 - Árpád Göncz, translator and former President of Hungary, is born.
- 1939 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 36.
- 1946 - John Tolkien is given his Orders as a priest.
- 1952 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 132.
- 1966 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Donald A. Wollheim.
- 1992 - Actor Charlie Vickers is born.
- T.A. 3019:
- The Fellowship of the Ring rests in Lothlórien.
- North of Sarn Gebir, Uglúk encounters Grishnákh for the first time.