From Tolkien Gateway
Events that occurred on 5 February
On Earth[edit | edit source]
- 1937 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 11.
- 1950 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 123.
- 1956 - Dan Wickenden gives a positive review of The Return of the King in the New York Herald Tribune titled "Notable Allegorical Trilogy Comes to Triumphant End".
- 1959 - Peter Emshwiller, who would provide the voice of Thranduil in The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II, is born.
- 1968 - The first day of filming J.R.R. Tolkien for the documentary Tolkien in Oxford.
- 2004 - Andy Serkis wins an Empire Award in the category Best British Actor, for his role as Gollum in The Lord of the Rings (film series).