From Tolkien Gateway
- You may also be looking for Third Age 1980.
- 11 - The Return of the King (1980 film) is released on VHS in the United States.
- 28 - Second edition of The Languages of Tolkien's Middle-earth is published.
- 29 - Poems and Stories is published.
- 29 - Actor Adam Brown is born.
- ? - Amon Hen 44 is published.
- 25-28 - Mythcon 11.
- 26-3 Aug - At the Griffoni Film Festival, Ralph Bakshi wins the Golden Gryphon for The Lord of the Rings.
- ? - Amon Hen 45 is published.
- 6 - Nevill Coghill, Inkling, dies
- 18 - Unfinished Tales is published in the US.
- ? - Amon Hen 47 is published.
- 21 - The premiere of the first episode of German radio serial adaptation Der Hobbit, a production of public broadcaster Westdeutscher Rundfunk Kôln (WDR Kôln).
- 26 - Conclusion of the German radio serial adaptation Der Hobbit.
- 29 - Amon Hen 48 is published.
- ? - The 1981 J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar is released.
- ? - The J.R.R. Tolkien Desk Calendar 1981 is released.
- ? - Shire Calendar 1981 is released.
- ? - The 1981 J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar - The Lord of the Rings is released.
- ? - The Lord of the Rings Souvenir booklet commemorating twenty five years of its publication is published.
- ? - Mallorn 14 is published.
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983