Paths of the Wise: The Guide to Magicians and Loremasters
From Tolkien Gateway
|Paths of the Wise: The Guide to Magicians and Loremasters|
Paths of the Wise: The Guide to Magicians and Loremasters is a supplement for Decipher's The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game.
The supplement was originally announced in 2003 as a print release, but was only published as a PDF file in 2005.
From the back cover[edit | edit source]
Paths of the Wise provides everything you need to portray mighty spellcasters and characters of awesome learning and great wisdom. It is a treasure trove of new rules, background material, and game advice for player and Narrator alike. It includes:
- 4 new elite orders, 8 new edges, 12 new flaws, 6 new loremaster order abilities, 3 new magician order abilities, and 3 new wizard order abilities.
- 50 new spells to expand the Middle-earth Grimoire, and new options that allow the Narrator to customise the way spells are cast.
- New rules for herb-lore, including a dozen sample herbs that can be found throughout the lands of Middle-earth.
- New rules for enchanted items, accursed items, familiars, books of lore, libraries, and more.
- Detailed information on the roles of spellcasters and their place in a chronicle, as well as five sample characters, ready for use as NPCs or player characters.
- ↑ Paths of the Wise at RPG.net (accessed 20 June 2011)