Riders of Rohan (1985 book)
|Riders of Rohan|
|Author||Christian Gehman, Peter C. Fenlon, Jr.|
|Publisher||Iron Crown Enterprises|
|ICE stock no.||3100|
Riders of Rohan is a supplement (in the Campaign-series) for Middle-earth Role Playing, 1st Edition.
In 1987, a 2nd edition of the module was released, which included a new full-color regional map.
For use with this supplement, Mithril Miniatures released a set of metal miniatures (M26 - M31 Riders of Rohan).
Cover/Jacket Text[edit | edit source]
Ride with the Rohirrim as they struggle against the hordes of Easterlings and the Orcs of the White Hand.
This package covers the RIDERS OF ROHAN during 3 separate periods:
- their existence on the Rhovanion plain before the war with the wainriders
- their life in the vales of the Anduin and the war against Scatha the Drake, and
- their settlement in Rohan
- includes layouts for Helm's Deep, Edoras, Dunharrow, and Harrowdale
- information on Vidugavia, Frumgar, Fram the Dragon-slayer, Wormtongue, Helm, Theoden, Eomer, and Eowyn
Almost everything about the Northmen changed with their acquisition of horses: their hunting methods, their religious focus, their relations with other Men - Men who did not possess horses. Their attitude to the Dark Lord, however, remained unchanged. They despised him and his creations, and all evil Men who worshipped darkness ... and they still distrusted magic and magicians, no matter what side they claimed to be on.
RIDERS OF ROHAN includes:
- 6 FULL-COLOR PAGES: a 2 page map of the Hornburg area, plus maps of Framsburg, the Drúadan Forest, Edoras, and a regional map of Rohan
- MAJOR LAYOUTS: of Buhr Marling (a fortified Horse-lord village), Ilanin (a wain village), The Hornburg, The Juggler's Hall, The Signal-tower, and The Inn of Greys
- THE RIDERS: an overview of the Northmen Horse-lords through the Third Age into the early years of the Fourth Age
- OTHER INHABITANTS: The Dunlendings, Half-orcs, The Servants of the White Hand, and the Drúedain