From Tolkien Gateway
Tolkien-related events that took place in 1985.
- 12 - Actress Cynthia Addai-Robinson is born.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien's Letters to Rhona Beare is published.
- 25 - A Path from Rome: An Autobiography, which includes a reminiscence of J.R.R. Tolkien, is published.
- ? - Mallorn 22 is published.
- ? - Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural, including J.R.R. Tolkien's first edition of Riddles in the Dark, is published.
- ? - Beyond Bree May 1985, including J.R.R. Tolkien's 'Concerning ... 'The Hoard' and Kinship of the Half-elven, is published.
- 24 - Actor Valentine Dyall dies.
- ? - Beyond Bree June 1985, including J.R.R. Tolkien's 'Kinship of the Half-elven', is published.
- 17 - Robert Havard, Inkling, dies.
- 26-29 - Mythcon 16.
- ? - Some Light on Middle-earth is published.
- 22 - The Lays of Beleriand is published in the UK.
- 29 - Actor Patrick Barr dies.
- 27-29 - Oxonmoot 1985.
- ? - Beyond Bree October 1985 is published.
- 20 - The Lays of Beleriand is published in the US.
- 5 - Artist Matěj Čadil is born.
- ? - The Hobbit (1985 television film) is released in the Soviet Union
- ? - James Dundas-Grant, Inkling, dies.
- ? - Author Alan Bliss dies.
- ? - The Polish Tolkien Society is founded.
- ? - Melbourne House publishes Lord of the Rings: Game One
- ? - Riders of Rohan (1985 book) is published.
- ? - Thieves of Tharbad is published.
- ? - Erech and the Paths of the Dead is published.
- ? - Goblin-gate and Eagle's Eyrie is published.
- ? - Haunted Ruins of the Dunlendings is published.
- ? - Grenadier Models Inc. releases metal miniatures for ICE's MERP.
- ? - Inklings Calendar 1986 released.
- ? - The 1986 Tolkien Calendar released.
- ? - The Hobbit Calendar 1986 released.
- ? - The 1986 J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar released.
- ? - Beyond Bree 1986 Tolkien Calendar released.
1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988