Stefan Ekman (b. 1972) is a Swedish fantasy scholar with a PhD in English from Lund University. His dissertation on settings in fantasy literature, Writing Worlds, Reading Landscapes: An Exploration of Settings in Fantasy, has substantial sections on The Lord of the Rings. It was successfully defended on 16 October 2010. Between 2002 and 2009, Ekman was employed by a Swedish publishing company as a fantasy specialist. He has also worked as translator of fantasy books, and taught English at various universities in Sweden.
- 2013: Here Be Dragons: Exploring Fantasy Maps and Settings
- Mythotopes Bilingual (Swedish/English) blog
- "Stefan Ekman", Faculties of Humanities and Theology at Lund university (accessed 7 February 2012)
- Mythopes - personal blog (accessed 9 September 2010)
- Personal webpage (Swedish) (accessed 23 May 2010)