How about changing main image of Elrond? He looks a buit...uh...odd? --Morgan 12:20, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- What did you have in mind?-- 13:40, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- That Elrond looks odd in this picture.--Morgan 16:06, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- I honestly don't like any of the images of Elrond already uploaded to TG.-- 17:32, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- I prefer the current image to the previous one, but, as KingAragorn says, I don't think any of them are particularly great. I would be tempted by a film-image, and would suggest this one if it weren't for the weird contrast. On deviantArt, the vast majority of Elrond images are Hugo Weaving. Our current image is fourth on a Google Image search for Elrond. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 18:52, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- I like this one. We can always ask DeviantART artists for permission.-- 13:08, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
- Would you prefer a photograph from the film, or an artistic picture of Hugo Weaving's Elrond?-- 14:11, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- That's defiantely a great picture, KA! We should ask him/her for permission, and put use it as our main image. Maybe we should also ask if could have these images too: Fingon, Lúthien, Legolas, LOTR, The Lost Road, Galadriel, Maedrhos, Arwen, Finrod, Finrod, Tirion, Gandalf rides to MT, Aragorn, Rivendell. Actually al his/her images are great. --Amroth 14:33, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- How's this one?-- 17:34, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- That one is good. --Amroth 18:53, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
Not a Noldo – in the essay "The Problem of -Ros", Tolkien states that, although his ancestry includes all elven clans, Elrond favored his Sindarin descent preeminently. I have removed reference to him as a Noldorin elf. Inasmuch as he chose to be an elf, he also gets a say in his heritage, which is Sindarin.
 Infobox image
I think we should change the infobox image to something like this because illustrations based on the novels are favoured. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to all. Also, two other images on the page are from the films while there is a supply of others. --DoctorWellington 23:20, 26 January 2018 (UTC)
- I agree it should be changed. My own preference is this image; although I like the one you've chosen, long images in infoboxes can create a bit of a problem with the layout of the page so they should be avoided (see Tar-Telperiën). --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 08:30, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- True. The image you suggested is very good, and it won't make the infobox interfere with the page content. --DoctorWellington 14:58, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
 Lineage breakdown?
Should i add a breakdown of elrond's lineage into the page? it might be useful. also inform me if i should add the same breakdown onto elros's page? --Kulid123 22:08, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
 Inaccurate statement
Subsequently he became the only character to appear in all three of The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings.
This statement isn't accurate as Gandalf is also mentioned in all three.
- I suggest we remove it, it's inaccurate and OOU. Sage 06:42, 26 March 2021 (UTC)
Perhaps it is time to choose another profile image. The current one is not the best I could think of. For now I propose the one by Ebe Kastein. Sage 06:42, 26 March 2021 (UTC)