From Tolkien Gateway
- He was the first translator of the book The Hobbit into Portuguese. I believe it has relevance for doing that.
(Sigurd 17:57, 9 November 2014 (UTC))
- Who is likely to go on an English-language wiki and read an article which just says he did one translation. There is no relevant information in this article beyond what's in the edition's article. Do you plan on substantially expanding this article? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 19:03, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
- According to your subjective parameter this article Lucifer_Chu could be reconsidered then. I believe that an encyclopedia should contain as much information as possible involving Tolkien, including translators. I will expand this article as soon as possible. I contact Mário Braga (he still is alive) and we will talk about the contact with Tolkien, how was the translation, and why he use "gnomo" word for Hobbit etc. (Sigurd 19:13, 9 November 2014 (UTC))
- I agree with you about Lucifer Chu - the article is a nice bit of trivia but it doesn't add anything to this wiki. However, referencing another article doesn't defend this one - what makes Mário Braga noteworthy? Hundreds of people across the world have translated Tolkien's works but very few appear on this wiki. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 14:27, 10 November 2014 (UTC)
- As I said. I believe that an encyclopedia should contain as much information as possible involving Tolkien, including translators (I think All could be here). Indeed very few appear on this wiki, it is not the to include more informations about the others? Tolkiengateway is in permanent change and increase more thinks.OR we should have more objective requiriments to precise what is worth or not to be include(Sigurd 14:36, 10 November 2014 (UTC))
- That's not actually an explanation. Your logic would mean that all the individuals in the factory that print the books should have a page on the wiki because they "involve Tolkien". The policy does state: "In terms of authors and scholars, the number, length and impact of their contributions should be taken into account when judging whether they are notable enough to be included on Tolkien Gateway." Why should this translator be on here? There needs to be a rationale. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 14:40, 10 November 2014 (UTC)