Tolkien Gateway talk:Featured quotes/Archive
From Tolkien Gateway
Fingolfin v. Morgoth
- This only got two votes, doesn't it need 5? And I think there are some unused ones with more than two still in the nominations area. —Unsigned comment by Breragor (talk • contribs).
- There are only three other in the nominations queue: the first has two disagrees and an undecided; the second has one agree; and the third has two agrees and an undecided. This had the joint-most agrees whilst being unanimously positive (only one other was unanimously positive but had fewer votes). Although the rules state that we need five votes in favour, so few people were voting that we decided in the meeting to update the quote in order to keep the homepage fresh (the previous quote had been there for 14 months, with no prospect of it being changed). --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 17:40, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, but isn't the Tolkien Gateway:Featured quotes/Nominations page where we should be getting the quotes from? That is what I'm referring to. I thought the "Nominations" list was from where we took quotes, not the "History" page - that's what made sense to me. —Unsigned comment by Breragor (talk • contribs).
- It's not "regardless" as it was the answer to the question you asked! You asked me why weren't we taking quotes from the Nominations page and I informed you that we weren't. Don't ask me questions and then completely disregard the answers.
- I've already answered this question, but I shall again for clarity: the selected quote was a) older, b) received universal agreement and c) was decided by a meeting of seven people. If you didn't like the quote that was chosen you should've voted against it, or else made an effort to attend the meeting: it has been no secret that I have put the need to update Featured Articles and Featured Nominations on the agenda of subsequent meetings.
- I'm not going to continue to debate this as this seems to be a rather redundant debate (as the decision has been made) based on, I suspect, self-interest (i.e. a "Why wasn't my quote picked?" mentality). --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 17:41, 21 January 2011 (UTC)