If your bot works, here's some jobs:
- Move all images from category "Images of The Lord of the Rings: The White Council" to "Images from The Lord of the Rings: The White Council"
- Move all images from category "Images of The Battle for Middle-earth II" to "Images from The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II"
Yes! I tried the bot a few months ago and there was an error with it working with the site, so when you asked I thought it wouldn't work; but Hyarion must have fixed the problem. Your request is most certainly possible, and I'm doing it now. --17:04, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Google Maps for Arda
Hey, I just wanted to ask whether you have tested my extension already. I don't mind if you haven't, 'cause I begin to realize how precious time is, now I've finished school and work 40 hours per week ;-) It just would be great if someone had tested it before Hyarion installs it on the TG server :) -- Eldarion Telcontar 21:18, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Eldarion Telcontar, I'll get to it this weekend. I just went to download your file from rapidshare, but it looks like it's been deleted. Well done on making it, I look forward to see it working for myself. :) -- 22:52, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Did it work? :) -- Eldarion Telcontar 11:01, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
http://arda.agilityhoster.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page -- 22:57, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
- It works well for me. Where and when did the errors appear? I have visited the site, edited the map and saved it without any errors. -- Eldarion Telcontar 19:55, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
- hmm... It appears that it doesn't work in MS Internet Explorer. That's what I tried when I tested it. Now I've used firefox and it works fine on that. Any ideas as to why it's producing errors in IE? In firefox anyway it's brilliant, well done with putting it together; once we work out the kinks we can get it installed here and it'll be really useful. Thanks! -- 23:04, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
- It's a for-each-loop that produces the errors in IE. The Microsoft browser recognizes "for (var a in b)" but not the following: "for each (var a in b)". FF knows both. I have deleted the "each" and Voila - it works in IE and FF... at least for me ;-) I have uploaded this file. Download it and replace the GoogleMapsJsExporter.php in extensions/GoogleMaps_Arda/export with the downloaded file. Now it should work for IE as well... I have also updated the file here. -- Eldarion Telcontar 21:04, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yay, it works! I've also tested it in Safari, and it works on that too. We should get to install it here and then I think it would be a good idea to create an infobox for locations and then all of our locations pages can have this map highlighting where the location is.-- 20:23, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Great. But I've discovered the same problem in the EditorsMap.js. I have tried to edit the map in IE and there was the same error. Therefore I have to ask you to replace a file again. I have uploaded the new EditorsMap.js here. Now the entire extension should work. I have looked for other "for each"es in the directory and there weren't any more ;-)
- If it works I will ask Hyarion to install the extension. -- Eldarion Telcontar 20:42, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Done. Now we've got to see if Hyarion has time to install it here.
Once my hosting problems were sorted out, it only took me just under 10 minutes to get it fully downloaded and installed.--21:00, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- I think you may have forgotten to add "var wgGoogleMapsTiles = 'path of the tile images folder from step 1 goes here (e.g. "http://www.testsite.com/Tiles")';" to the beginning of the EditorsMap.js. I get an "wgGoogleMapsTiles undefined" error. Could you add this so that I can check whether the Editors Map works? -- Eldarion Telcontar 21:10, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, I forgot to add it to your new file. Well the editors map seems to work fine now.-- 22:15, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, there aren't any more errors! I think we could risk installing it here now. Hopefully Hyarion has time for that. But firstly thank you soo much for installing MediaWiki on a server and then testing my extension on that. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! :) -- Eldarion Telcontar 20:46, 3 December 2009 (UTC)